Admissions – Evening Option
IMPORTANT: Applicants selecting the EVENING OPTION must complete CH 103, BS 103, BS 104, EN 101, EN 102, PS 101, and PS 102 prior to admission.
The Nurse Education Program at PCCC is a competitive program. Admission to the college does not guarantee admission to the program. Additionally, preference is given to county residents. Once admitted to the College, prospective Phase 2 Nursing students must contact the Nursing Department to begin Nursing Admissions process. Applicants for admission to the Nurse Education Program must be high school graduates or have high school equivalency diplomas (GED). They also must meet admission criteria selected to ensure that accepted candidates have the potential to succeed in a rigorous academic program. Admission criteria are minimum standards and, in most cases, applicants accepted into the program exceed these requirements.
Admission criteria are minimum standards and, in most cases, applicants accepted into the program exceed these requirements.
- Students must meet PCCC admission criteria.
- Achieve college-level proficiency or complete the required developmental classes in math and English with a grade of “C” or higher.
- Complete CH 103, Introduction to General and Organic Chemistry, with a grade of “C” or higher.
- Achieve a minimum passing score of 50% correct in each section of TEAS. A passing score is considered valid for admission to the Program within three years of successfully passing the test.
- A point system based on cumulative GPA and TEAS score is used to rank applicants and determine acceptance.
Guidelines for Student Selection
(The Selection Point System)
The Selection Point System is designed to quantify the admission criteria and provide a point system upon which to rank applicants for admission. Utilization of this Selection Point System will be carried out by the Student Selection Committee. Each applicant will be given a score based on the system below. Students selected will be offered a seat in the program based on their score, in rank order, as space is available. Passaic County residents are given preference.
|Percent Correct||15 week Points|
|49 or below||0|
|50 – 54||1|
|55 – 59||2|
|60 – 64||3|
|65 – 69||4|
|70 – 74||5|
|75 – 79||6|
|80 – 89||7|
|Reading Score 50%||1|
|Math Score 70%||5|
|English Score 60%||3|
GPA and number of college credits
|3.5 – 4.0||27 – 34||12|
|19 – 26||8|
|12 – 18||4|
|3.1 – 3.4||27 – 34||11|
|19 – 26||7|
|2.5 – 3.0||27 – 34||10|
|19 – 26||6|
|2.0 – 2.4||27 – 34||9|
|19 – 26||5|
|12 – 18||1|