Live Chat


Home > Paying for College > Financial Aid

Welcome To the Financial Aid Office

We are here to provide quality support to all our students during their academic journey at PCCC.

Financial aid includes scholarships, grants, loans, and work-study from federal, state, and institutional sources. The goal in applying for financial aid is to help reduce the out-of-pocket cost for all students.

Start Here.

Attend Our FAFSA Drive

Get help completing your FAFSA. Space is limited. Sign up today.

How To Apply For Financial Aid

Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
The FAFSA is available each October for the coming academic year. When you file electronically it will be submitted to the Department of Education and to the schools you add to the FAFSA. The FAFSA collects income information for you and your parents to determine eligibility for Federal and NJ state aid. You must include Passaic County Community College Federal School Code: 009994 on your FAFSA if you are enrolling with us.

In order to submit the FAFSA online, you and/or your parent will need a Federal Student Aid (FSA) ID. Create one at


When are you starting your next academic year?

July 1, 2022
June 30, 2023
File this
2022-2023When?Oct. 1, 2021-June 30, 2023*Report Tax Year2020

Important Things To Remember

ELIGIBILITY – The FAFSA must be completed every year to apply for aid.

MAINTAIN YOUR AID – If you drop classes or do not earn good grades, you risk losing your financial aid referred to as not meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).

VERIFICATION – if selected you must be complete it every year.

Dreamers do NOT need to complete the FAFSA, instead the NJ Alternative Application for Financial Aid is needed. For more details please visit

Quick Links

Virtual Information Center

Virtual Info Center available Mon-Fri, 9am to 1pm

Frequently Asked Questions

What is Financial Aid?

Financial Aid may consist of one or more awards to assist you in paying your college costs (tuition, fees, and textbooks).  Types of financial aid include grants, loans, scholarships, and work study.  Financial aid awards may consist of a combination of these types of aid.

If I Filed The Fafsa Do I Need To Apply For Any Other Grants?

Yes. The FAFSA is used solely for a federal grant, and you must submit an application to the Higher Education Student Assistance Authority (HESAA) to be considered for any state grants such as Tuition Aid Grant (TAG).

Does Financial Aid Pay For Remedial Credits?

Generally speaking, financial aid can be used for up to 30 credits of remedial study.  For specific information, we encourage you to speak with your financial aid advisor.

I Received a Letter Stating I Must Submit a SAP Appeal To Get Financial Aid, Will I Get Approved?

Decisions regarding a SAP appeal are made by a SAP Appeal Committee.  Submission of an appeal does not guarantee an approval to continue to receive financial aid.

I Have A Loan, But It Has Not Been Processed, Will My Classes Be Dropped?

Loans are considered financial aid.  Students who have submitted the necessary paperwork, Master Promissory Note (MPN) and Entrance Counseling, will not have their classes dropped.

Can I Charge Books To My Grant Award In The Bookstore?

If your financial aid awards exceed the amount of your tuition and fees, you are eligible for a book deferment.  Book deferments are based on the number of registered credits at the time of the award.  If you drop or add classes, after you have been granted a book deferment, you may owe a tuition balance.

What If I Can’t Attend My Classes Or Need To Withdraw?

You should withdraw from your classes prior to the add-drop period which is generally 2 weeks after the semester has started.  If you do not officially withdraw from classes you will be charged a $100 Non-attend fee for each class.

I Heard That If I Withdraw From My Classes I Might Need To Repay My Financial Aid. Is This True?

Yes.  The federal financial aid programs require students to “earn” their aid.  If a student withdraws prior to the 60% point of the semester, they have not “earned” the full amount of the financial aid awards.  Determination of the amount earned, and the amount of tuition the student may owe is determined by the Financial Aid Office in conjunction with the Bursar office.  Shoul you need to withdraw, you must see an Academic Advisor, and submit the withdrawal paperwork to the Financial Aid Office for signature

Where is the PCCC Financial Aid Office?

The PCCC Financial Aid Office is located on the Main Campus in Paterson.
Financial Aid counselors also visit the Wanaque and Passaic campuses to serve students who cannot come to Paterson.
Financial Aid Directory

Already applied?

We can help you pay for college with grants, scholarships, payment plans, and more.

Discover how affordable your education can be.

See how financial aid can make your education even more valuable. Our Net Price Calculator will show you all of the tuition and fees associated with PCCC and how much you could save with financial assistance.

Have questions or need more info?

Schedule an appointment for help with your FAFSA Application, or chat with the Virtual Information Center to help figure out the best aid options for you.

Virtual Information Center

Virtual Info Center available Mon-Fri, 9am to 1pm