Executive Director of Institutional Research
Ed.D., Rowan University
Phone: (973) 684-6741
Institutional Effectiveness Coordinator
M.A., Rowan University
Phone: (973) 684-6122
Assistant Director of Institutional Research
M.S., Universidad del Rosario
Phone: (973) 684-5810
Welcome to Institutional Research
The Office of Institutional Research staff at PCCC works under the guiding principles found in the Association for Institutional Research’s Code of Ethics.
The Office of Institutional Research (OIR) conducts research in support of planning and decision-making at PCCC. This includes providing support for administrative and academic assessment efforts, designing and conducting specialized studies, and collecting and reporting information mandated by State and Federal agencies. The IR Office is also the point of contact for individuals interested in conducting human subjects research at PCCC for the purposes of academic recognition.
Research & Reports
College Data: Dashboards and yearly reports regarding the college’s enrollment, demographics, financial information, and student outcomes.
Survey Research: Dashboards and yearly reports on surveys regarding new students, graduating students, faculty and staff, and the Community College Survey of Student Engagement (CCSSE).
External Reporting: Annual reports from Middle States Commission on Higher Education, NJ SURE, and IPEDS.
Research Updates: Periodic short reports on topics relevant to the college community.
Faculty Data: Reports, dashboards, and templates for use in evaluating programs and courses.
Planning: A scorecard monitoring the college’s key performance indicators (KPIs) and the annual National Community College Benchmark Project (NCCBP) report.
To access research and reports, click here and log on to the PCCC Portal.
Mission & Goals
The Office of Institutional Research (OIR) strives to support student success at PCCC by providing data that informs planning and decision-making, and contributes to organizational learning across the institution.
The OIR serves all segments of the College community, including faculty, staff, administrators, and students. We are dedicated to assisting PCCC in its educational mission through collection, maintenance, analysis, and interpretation of information, and by dissemination of reports and summary findings, with special emphasis on disaggregation of data to address inequalities in student outcomes.
1. Ensure that data reports and analytic tools are readily available institution-wide to activate a broad network of institutional research aligned with strategic, tactical, and operational decisions.
2. Provide training and continuing professional development of data-related skills for all employees.
3. Establish and support a network of data users and consumers who share good practices and collectively advocate for the data, tools, and dissemination methods required to meet the institution’s needs.
4. Conduct original research that supports decisions about policies and structures that aid faculty and staff in designing and improving their work.
- National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
- NCES College Navigator
- New Jersey Higher Education – Office of Research and Accountability
- American Association of Community Colleges – Reports and White Papers
- Community College Research Center (CCRC) at Columbia University
- Center for Community College Student Engagement (CCCSE)
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
- U.S. Census Bureau – Data Tools and Apps
- New Jersey Department of Education – Enrollment Data and Reports