PCCC offers a number of both academic and need-based scholarship opportunities. Thanks to the generosity of our donors, the PCCC Foundation is on track to award more than $800,000 in scholarships for the upcoming academic year. For a complete list of scholarship details, go to Scholarships.
View All Scholarships
- Academic Achievement
- Building Sciences Scholarship
- Completion Scholarship
- Edward W. and Stella C. Van Houten Memorial Scholarship
- Elizabeth Steinberg Memorial Scholarship
- ELS Achievement Scholarship
- Emmett & Evelyn Jones Scholarship for the Humanities
- Farmer Family Scholarships
- Harry B. Gourley Scholarship
- Jerome P. Kineavy Memorial Scholarship
- JMG Legacy Scholarship
- John & Mary Ann Robb Homeland Security/Criminal Justice Scholarship
- John E. Mackay Scholarship
- Josephine Hernandez Scholarship
- Kindness Matters – Passaic/Clifton Lions Club Scholarship
- Lakeland Bank Scholarship
- Manuel F. Lagos Scholarship
- Marcal Nursing Scholarship
- Martin & Estelle Rose Memorial Scholarship
- Michael J. & Ruth Walker Memorial Scholarship
- Nathan & Sophie Levit Scholarship
- Nicholas DeGennaro, Jr. Memorial Human Services Scholarship
- Nurse Education Faculty Memorial Scholarship
- PCCC Alumni Association Academic Scholarship
- PCCC General Nursing Scholarship
- PCCC SGA Merit Scholarship
- Professor Emeritus Elaine C. Harrington Scholarship
- Professor Merille Ruben Siegel & Harvey Siegel Scholarship – in memory of Dr. Mortimer & Evelyn Ruben
- Professor Merille Ruben Siegel & Harvey Siegel Scholarship – in memory of Irving & Sylvia Siege
- Professor Michael Calderaro Scholarship for Education
- Professor Michael Calderaro Scholarship for Nurse Education and Radiography
- Richard Pirozzi Memorial Scholarship
- Robert Sydney Needham Memorial Scholarship
- Rosalie K. Hojegian Memorial Scholarship
- Samuel “Sammy” Nunez Memorial Scholarship
- Sharik Currie Memorial Scholarship
- The Lynn Alper Memorial Scholarship for Culinary Arts
- The Professor Michael C. Walker Academic Achievement Scholarship in Criminal Justice
- Walker Transfer Scholarship for Ramapo College of NJ
- Women’s Guild of the General Hospital Center at Passaic Nursing Scholarship
Creating a Named Scholarship
Creating a named scholarship through the PCCC Foundation is one way in which you can assist students and leave a legacy to the Passaic County Community College. It is also a meaningful way to honor family and friends.
Determine the Type of Fund: Endowed or Annual Scholarship
Funds are created to be permanent and perpetual; an ongoing gift to the Foundation. The suggested minimum amount is $25,000 paid in one installment.
If you wish to make more than one installment, then you would make a pledge as to how much you will give over time and when. The principal of the fund is invested to produce income and an annual award is made to a deserving student. The principal remains untouched so that the endowment can last into perpetuity.
To establish an annual scholarship we recommend you set some parameters. For instance, ask yourself how much you want to give and for how long. Is it a one-time gift or for a few years? Would the student receive it for one semester or for a full year? Unlike an endowed scholarship, an annual scholarship is not a permanent fund and is awarded only as long as you choose to contribute to the fund. The suggested minimum amount for an annual scholarship is $500.
Establish the Scholarship Criteria
As the scholarship donor, you decide the name of the scholarship, as well as the criteria. The Foundation staff can assist you in establishing requirements that reflect the individual or group being honored. For example, you may wish to have the award be based on a specific area of interest, geographic origin, academic achievement and/or financial need.
Awarding of Scholarships
The application process takes place every Spring. Students submit an application form, two letters of recommendation from faculty/staff and an essay. The College’s Student Development Committee reviews the applications and selects the most deserving recipient based on the donor-established criteria. The donors are notified annually when the scholarship recipient has been selected. The annual Foundation’s Donor Breakfast provides a wonderful opportunity for the donors to meet the students and be thanked in person for their generosity.
For more information about creating a Named Scholarship please contact Meredith Behrens,
Director of Foundation & Marketing/Communications, at 973-684-5919 or [email protected]