|Apply for Loans|
How to apply for a Federal Direct Student Loan and Parent PLUS Direct Loan:
If you are a first-time borrower at PCCC, you must have complete the steps outlined below:
1. Entrance Counseling:
Instructions on completing the Entrance Counseling
2. Master Promissory Note (MPN):
Instructions on completing an MPN
3. Determining how much you can borrow click:
4. Submit Federal Direct Loan Request Form:
PCCC Federal Direct Loan Request Form
5. You can scan and email the Loan Request form to
email@example.com fax to: 973-279-5337
6. Your Loan funds will be disbursed and credited to your tuition account once your professor confirms attendance
If you have already borrowed a Federal Direct Loan at PCCC you will not have to complete Step 1 and Step 2 in the list above. If you borrowed a Federal Direct Loan at another school within the last ten years, you will not need to complete another MPN; however, you will need to complete an Entrance Counseling You also need to complete the PCCC Federal Direct Loan Request Form then email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: 973-279-5337
Note: Before you proceed keep in mind a Federal Direct Loan repayment begins once you graduate, withdraw from school, or drop below 6 credits. Click here to get estimated payment plan: Repayment Calculator-See what Your Payment will Be. Your credit will be adversely impacted if you do not make on-time payments. See additional information on Managing Your Federal Direct Student Loan
- Continuing students must be making Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) as outlined on the College Catalog
- Students who have less than 29 college level credits are considered first-year students (freshman) and 30 college-level credits or higher are considered second-year students (sophomore).
Before you take on a Loan you are recommended to read the below and click on the hyperlinks:
- Research starting salaries in your field: Ask your school for starting salaries of recent graduates in your field of study to get an idea of how much you are likely to earn after you graduate.
You can use the U.S. Department of Labor's Occupational Outlook Handbook to estimate salaries for different careers or research employment opportunities advertised in the area where you plan to live to get an idea of a local starting salary.
You also can use the Department of Labor's career search tool to research careers and view the average annual salary for each career.
Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loan
If you are a Dependent student your parent can borrow a Parent PLUS Loan to replace the estimated Federal Direct Loan amount listed on your award letter or on the portal. For additional information on a PLUS Loan: How to complete a Parent Federal PLUS Loan
Once a pre-approval has been completed your parent can email us at email@example.com to request the Loan request form. Please attach a copy of the pre-approval letter. Please remember to always include the name of the student and student ID to the email.
If you have any additional questions or to schedule an appointment, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org You can also meet with a walk-in Financial Aid Counselor during the follow hours listed below:
*Passaic or Wanaque Campus students please call to find out when an FA counselor will be at the campus.
(during the semester)
Monday & Thursday 8:30 am – 7:00 pm
Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday* 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
*The College is closed on Fridays in the Summer!